To find a Kentucky COVID-19 vaccination location near you, click here.
Following the Kentucky Department of Health recommendations, Hazelwood and Bingham Gardens facilities are taking pro-active steps to address the current COVID-19 virus outbreak. We want to assure the family, guardians and the community that every precaution is being taken to protect the health and welfare of staff and residents. Below is a summary of the safety cautions currently being enacted at both locations. There are numerous other medical and facility safety measures being taken that are not included in this summary. If you have any questions about these additional measures, please call 502.361.2301. If you have questions about the Hazelwood Specialty Clinic, please call 502.375.6643.
- At this time, all visitors, including guardians, will not be able to visit with their loved ones in person. We thank all guardians for their cooperation until we can open back up for visitors. We may be able to set up Skype sessions, please contact the facility if interested.
- All recreational trips are cancelled.
- Medical trips will take place as necessary.
- Staff will be screened as they enter the building at the designated area and asked to use hand sanitizer before starting work. Screening protocols have been established for Bingham Gardens as well.
- The Chapel entrances are identified as the main entrance points to Hazelwood.
- All vendors will enter the building at the designated areas and screened.
- Outpatients and in-house patients who receive services in the specialty clinic will not co-mingle.
- Additional cleaning of high-touch areas will occur throughout Hazelwood and Community Homes by assigned staff, to include doorknobs, telephones, light switches, handles, counters, tables, markers, pens, etc.
- Clients will be reminded or assisted to wash their hands multiple times a day, before meals, after toileting, and after going to medical appointments.